When the Sea Opens, Walk. A reflection on faith, fear, and trusting God with the next step.
At 3:00 this morning, I woke up with my mind already running.
The move.
My cats.
Money.
Finding a place to live.
Leaving what I know.
Starting over.
There are only a few days left, and suddenly everything that felt like faith yesterday can feel like a thousand questions today.
And yet, underneath all those questions, there is something I cannot ignore:
Peace.
Not because I have every answer.
Not because I know exactly how everything will work out.
But because I believe God opened this door.
And when God opens a door, sometimes He doesn’t give us the entire map. He simply asks us to walk.
The Sea Is Open
This morning, I kept thinking about the Red Sea.
When Israel stood before it, they didn’t have a five-year plan.
They didn’t know how they were going to get across.
Behind them was everything they were leaving.
In front of them was something impossible.
But God made a way where there was no way.
And I felt the Lord reminding me: The sea is open.
But it is dark.
And maybe that’s the part I need to understand.
God didn’t promise me that I would be able to see everything.
He promised to be my light.
Psalm 119:105 says:
“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.”
A lamp doesn’t illuminate the entire road miles ahead.
It gives enough light for the next step.
And maybe that’s what faith really looks like.
Not knowing everything.
Not controlling everything.
Not having every financial detail figured out.
Not knowing exactly what tomorrow will bring.
But saying:
“Lord, I can see enough to take the next step.”
I kept coming back to Jeremiah 29:11:
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
God knows what I don’t know.
He sees the apartment I haven’t found yet.
He sees the provision I haven’t received yet.
He sees the road I haven’t traveled yet.
He sees the people I haven’t met yet.
He sees the opportunities I haven’t encountered yet.
And He sees the ending of a chapter that I am still standing in the middle of.
My inability to see the future doesn’t mean God doesn’t already see it.
That’s where my peace comes from.
Faith Doesn’t Mean I Don’t Have Questions
I want to be honest about something.
I’m not fearless.
I have concerns.
I’m concerned about my finances.
I’m concerned about my cats.
I’m concerned about moving my life several hours away.
I’m concerned about starting over.
I’m concerned about the unknown.
But I’ve learned that having concerns doesn’t mean I have to surrender my faith to them.
Fear can speak.
Questions can come.
My mind can wander.
But I don’t have to let those voices become my direction.
I can acknowledge them and still say:
“God, I trust You.”
There is something I know for certain:
I don’t want to go backward simply because forward feels unfamiliar.
I don’t want fear to make decisions that faith already made.
I don’t want temporary uncertainty to convince me that God wasn’t faithful.
And I don’t want to spend so much time looking at what I’m leaving that I fail to see where God is taking me.
So I’m choosing to walk.
Not because I know everything.
Because I know Who holds everything.
One step.
Then another.
Then another.
What If This Is the Beginning?
Maybe this isn’t just a relocation.
Maybe it’s an invitation.
An invitation to trust God differently.
An invitation to leave behind the version of myself that was constantly trying to survive and learn how to build again.
An invitation to discover what God can do when I stop trying to control the outcome.
I don’t know exactly what this new season will look like.
But I know this: God has been faithful before.
He has carried me before.
He has provided before.
He has opened doors before.
He has closed doors before.
He has protected me in places I didn’t even realize I needed protection.
So why would I believe that the God who carried me this far suddenly doesn’t know how to carry me forward?
So I Will Walk
The sea is open.
The road is dark.
But God is my light.
And today, I don’t need to see the whole road.
I only need enough light for my feet.
I will walk with faith.
I will walk with wisdom.
I will walk with obedience.
I will walk with courage.
And when fear whispers, “What if you don’t make it?”
I will answer:
“My God already knows the way.”
I don’t know what tomorrow holds.
But I know Who holds tomorrow.
And that’s enough for me to take the next step.
The sea is open.
So I’m walking. ππΌπ€
A Prayer for the Journey
Father, I don’t see everything ahead of me, but You do. When the road becomes dark, remind me that You are my light. When fear speaks, remind me of Your promises. Give me wisdom for every decision, provision for every need, peace concerning everything I love, and courage to keep moving forward. Don’t allow me to turn back because of what I cannot see. Teach me to trust You one step at a time. My future is not in my hands; it is in Yours. I surrender this new season to You. Let every door You opened lead me closer to Your purpose, and let everything I do bring You honor and glory. In Jesus’ name, Amen. ππΌ
— Maria Castaneda©️
Faith 2b Strong OnPurpose™️

Comments
Post a Comment